News and Updates
- Peasants on International Human Rights Day - Hyderabad (December 10, 2018): Hari Welfare Association (HWA) has serious concern on the non-implementation of the Sindh Tenancy Act 1950 especially its provision related to Tenancy Tribunal, which... More →
- Launching of Report on The State of Peasants Rights in Sindh in 2018 - On 17th April 2019, HWA will launch the report on the state of peasants’ rights in Sindh 2018. - The report provides the current political and feudal landscape in Sindh and the representation of... More →
- Malnutrition and lack of health facilities killing two children every day in Tharparkar - Press - release (19 April 2019): Hari Welfare Association (HWA) regrets that in 101 days from 1st January to 11th - April 2019, 244 children under five years old have died in Tharparkar region. -... More →
- Rights activists demand end bonded labour, provision of social security to rural women workers - HYDERABAD – 14-Oct: - Speakers at a seminar on on International Rural Women Day 2019 here on Monday - demanded the government to end bonded labour especially in women, recognise - labour of rural... More →
- The deteriorating state of children’s rights in Sindh: On universal children day - Nawabshah (20 November 2020): Children from different school clubs urged the district and provincial governments to invest funds and take extraordinary steps to protect the right to life, survival,... More →
On 17th April 2019, HWA launched the report on the state of peasants’ rights in Sindh 2018 at Karachi Press Club
The report provides the current political and feudal landscape in Sindh and the representation of peasants in it.
It offers some insight about the possible negative impacts of the World Bank funded agriculture project.
It talks about Sindh’s new agriculture policy and the status of other laws related to peasants.
Get in Touch
House No. B-4,5,22 and 23 Wad-e-Hussain Colony, Sanghar Road, Nawabshah, Sindh, Pakistan.
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org