Hari Welfare Association (HWA) is a non-government, non-political, not for national organization, aimed to promote the social and economic conditions of deprived and marginalized communities, focusing flood affected rural areas.
Hari Welfare Association is Non-governmental organization Established in 2002, in district Nawab Shah, HWA Sindh was launched with an aim to improve the living standards of the farmer community through increased rate of sustainable development process and widening their access to social services. Hari Welfare Association was registered on November 23, 2003 as social welfare organization under voluntary social welfare agencies ordinance, 1961 act Of Sindh. HWA has carried out a number of activities to strengthen the farmer community by improving their socio-economic status. Inspired by social well being of the deprived low income communities in rural areas.
HWA team is comprised of 09 skilled and volunteer Board of Directors, who provide strategic guideline to the organization and dedicated 08 regular employees and 40 volunteer staff having expertise in areas of social and management sciences, finance and administration, information technology etc who are engaged in research & development, designing and implementing number of projects on education, poverty alleviation, institutional as well as individual capacity building, child rights protection and environment protection with various national and international partners.
Professional development of community based organizations, community citizen board, public sector organization and educational institute is also an area of emphasize for HWA’s. Organizational development, educational development, volunteerism, NGO management are dimensions where HWA’s possess expertise and build capacity of other stakeholders.
It has produced notable work in the areas of survey, Mobilization, youth training, Content based training, Material transformation, integrated planning in schools development, project management, and providing technical expertise for various institutions and partner organizations.
The primary objectives of the organization are:
- To carry out right based advocacy and awareness interventions, led by indigenous leadership of farmers, addressing issues of marginalized peasant groups
- To promote and support the development and mainstreaming of under-served segments of rural society, e.g. children, women, minorities, elderly, displaced and conflict affected groups.
- To enhance participatory development interventions in the areas of agriculture, food security, health, education, child rights and women empowerment, safe drinking water and Infrastructure improvement
- To build linkages of deprived peasant communities with government line departments and civil society organizations through strong coordination and effective networking of activists, vocal persons, civil society organizations and political parties.
- To engage individuals from disadvantaged section of society by enhancing their capacities with support from training institutes, technical knowledge sharing and quality workshops.
Development of a progressive, prosperous, peace loving and non-discriminatory society that is materially optimum, socially equitable and sustainable. The essence of our vision is to help develop balanced human resources.
The salient aspects of Hari Welfare Association (HWA) mission are:
- To educate, mobilize and organize the unprivileged communities particularly peasants, women and minorities regarding their rights and responsibilities and providing them with participatory development services to ensure social justice and equality among community.
- To promote the process of participatory, self-reliant, sustainable development of the poor as well as deprived and marginalized community to help them alleviate poverty and achieve their potential and empowerment.
- To focus on social welfare and empowerment activities for low-income families, minorities and mitigate gender disparity in order to create awareness at grass root level.
Structure of the organization
Registered on: November 23, 2003
Registered as: Social Welfare
Registration under: Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies Ordinance, 1961 act Of Sindh
Registration Number: 051
Address: House No. 56, Mehran Colony Nawabshah, Sindh, Pakistan.
Phone Number: +92-300-3216672
Email Address: email@example.com
- General Body
- Executive Committee
- Office Bearers
- Project based Staff
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Research and Advocacy
- Quality Education
- Human Rights(Child, Peasant, Women and Minority rights)
- Infrastructure Development
- Emergency Response & Rehabilitation
Strengths of the Organization
Below mentioned specific strength reflects organizational capacity in different areas.
- Hari Welfare Association retains the capable team, having expertise of development sector such as, Human Resource, Monitoring, Finance and Mobilization.
- HWA has run their operation as per approved policies such as, financial policy, administrative policy, human resource policy and gender policy.
- HWA Has 20 Peasants and workers groups (PWGs) in 20 union council of district Shaheed Benazirabad
- HWA has maintain financial record through Peachtree accounting software
- HWA is fully run under the decision of strong team of BOD.
- HWA believed involvement of BOD in any kind of decision making.
- HWA has its own well established office at Nawab Shah & Dadu.
- HWA has great influence and coordination among communities.
- HWA has linkages with mind liked organization and civil Society Network.
- HWA has established 40 community groups (Male & Female) who are taking groups initiatives for the sustainable development of their areas.
- HWA has established strong complaint mechanism, in term of accountability and transparency.
- HWA has annual audits to ensure transparency and compliances
- HWA has 10 years working experience in different projects implemented in various areas of Sindh.