HARI Welfare Association
Short term Activities
- HWA is working to mobilize peasants and rural communities to protect and defend their fundamental and constitutional rights related to health, education, economics and culture. It is also working to serve communities in the field of health, education and DRR.
- During flood relief activities in 2010, in Dadu and Benazirabad districts, HWA carried out key health & hygiene and sanitation interventions such as healthy environment, home survey and community health programmes
- HWA has formed (male and female) rural community groups in various rural areas of districts Benazirabad and Dadu. Where conducted group management, saving, kitchen garden, and farm production trainings for these groups to widen the scope of their self reliance.
- HWA has kept its operations in Benazirabad and Dadu districts and has carried out
a number of reliefand emergency response interventions during flood 2010. During floods of 2011, HWA actively responded to the calamity in Benazirabad.
- HWA has conducted six awareness sessions on basic human rights and the situation of flood-affected women and children of district Dadu, with the support of the Center for Human Rights Education Lahore.
- With the support of the Center for Human Rights Education Lahore, HWA has conducted three seminars on Free & Fair Election process and to increase women participation in the election process in Dadu & Benazirabad districts.